If you haven't already heard of Zoom, it's a great video conferencing tool that can be easily added to Performa Sports to extend your online sharing and discussions.
Sign up to Zoom Meetings for free. The free tier allows unlimited one-on-one meetings but limits group sessions to 40 minutes and 100 participants.
1. Connect your iPad to your laptop using the connector cable (this is also the power cable but with the plug head removed). This allows the laptop and Zoom to see the iPad as an external device.
2. Launch Zoom and click New Meeting.
3. Click Share Screen, located along the bottom of the Zoom interface.
4. Click iPhone/iPad via Cable and click Share.
5. Screen share your playlists and game scenes from your Performa Sports iPad app directly through Zoom with coaches and players.
Tips & Advice:
- Test your audio / volume settings in advance. You can do this through Zoom before your call.
- Set homework tasks in advance to allow players to prepare for the session. This can be done directly through the Performa Sports cloud platform messaging tool and linked to playlists for athlete self review or group discussion.
- Like any meeting, have a clearly defined purpose that you're working towards first. Place a value on the session.
- For team sports, online review sessions with smaller groups or units is more efficient and effective in terms of content, share of voice and engagement.
- As the coach, try not to dominate the conversation. By all means engage on a social level and ask questions, but if your athletes have done their prep work encourage them to show and express what they think.