1. Download Any Video Converter - https://www.any-video-converter.com/products/mac_video_converter_freeware/
2.Connect your camera via USB or insert the SD card directly into your Mac.
3. Open “Any Video Converter”.
4. In Any Video Converter select "Convert Video" which is located along the top of your screen.
5. Then select “Add File (s)” which is located in the bottom left corner of your screen.
6. Locate your files and click on the video(s) you would like to add. Once selected click open on the bottom right corner of the panel. Your video(s) should now be processing and appear in Any Video Converter. (If you have more than one video you can save time by holding down the command button on your keyboard and select multiple videos then click open. This brings the videos into Any video Converter at once instead of repeating the process multiple times).
7. Now select the "Profile/Type" of video. It is recommended to use Youtube H264 HD Video.
8. To change the size of the video from the default 1280 x 720, click on the YouTube symbol beside the video.
9. Click on the blue arrows to show you a drop down menu of all the video size options.
10. For the highest quality of video use 1920 x 1080, which in turn will mean a larger file size or use a smaller sized video such as 1280 x 720 which is still HD for a smaller file size.
11. To save your changes, click on "Save to Custom Profile".
12. Rename this profile for future reference e.g. the size of the video you have chosen - 1080p. To save your changes, click on "OK" and then "OK" again as shown below.
13. If you have multiple videos to convert, these must be merged together to make one video file. To do this make sure the videos that you have selected are in the right order, i.e. first half is above second half as the file will merge to the file above it. Video files are usually numbered therefore the lowest number will be the top file. Click and drag video files to the right order if needed.
14. Once videos are in the right order click “Merge All Files” which can be found under the heading “Merge” on the right hand side of the screen. You can name your video and then select the "Output Location". Once selected click “Convert now” on the bottom right hand side of the screen.
15. If you only have one video file, select the "Output Location" of your video. Once selected click “Convert now” on the bottom right hand side of the screen.
16. Your video will now convert.
Note: If you have not copied the video files off your SD Card, do not remove the SD Card until conversion is complete.